Marriage Celebrant - Vivien Reed relaxed and happy wedding celebrant

Frequently Asked Questions

What does the Celebrant do?

  • Attends to all the legal paperwork
  • Assists you to create a ceremony to suit your needs and wishes
  • Solemnizes your marriage
  • From their experience the celebrant can advise other services to support your wedding eg canopy, cake, flowers. A venue can also be arranged for overseas couples. Co-ordination fee applies.

What are the legal requirements?

You will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage (NIM) min. one month prior to your wedding Form is supplied by me or download from my page on ‘legal requirements’

Do you support same sex marriage ceremonies ?

Celebrants For Marriage Equality Logo
I have always suppported the right to marry for all couples who love each other. On my Blog, you can see a beautiful ceremony I was privileged to support.

How far in advance do I need to contact the Celebrant?

When you have decided your wedding date it is recommended to book first your venue, then your celebrant.

How long does the ceremony last?

Civil Ceremonies usually take about 20 minutes, including signing of certificates. Allow longer if you wish to include readings. It is your day! Feel free to include readings, rituals, special touches that you like.

Can you help us with our vows? Can we write our own?

Yes to both questions, You will find sample vows here . Feel free to cut and paste. More can be forwarded to you. You are also welcome to create your own –and they don’t need to be the same for each of you. You also don’t need to memorise your vows. I will assist you.

What is the Cost? What does the Fee cover?
You have 3 ceremony packages to choose from. You can compare the different inclusions and pricing. Visit ‘Services and Fees’ page

What venues do you recommend?
There are beautiful parks and venues in Sydney- from Bronte, Clovelly, Darling Point, Cremorne, Manly, Balmoral and more. Sydney city, east, north, Sutherland shire and west have gorgeous wedding locations and venues. Check out ‘resources’ page. it is advisable to have an alternative indoor venue in case of inclement weather. Tip for outdoor weddings: umbrellas on hand.

Do we have to attend any pre-marital courses?
This is your choice. Courses are available. I will be happy to provide you with information.

Can we have a ceremony, or wedding to celebrate our relationship, but not get legally married?
Yes, you can. Some couples have had a legal wedding in a government office, in Australia or overseas, and now wish to celebrate with family and friends. Some are unable to be legally married.
The ceremony can reflect your style of a wedding and include all the touches you would like.

Are travel costs included?
Travel within Sydney metro area is included. Outside this area. Nominal travel charge applies.

What do I need to do to change my name?
Your name is not automatically changed as a result of you now being formally married.
If you wish to be known with a different surname, you can do so. A formal Change of Name is not required.

However, to have personal documentation, such as your driver’s licence, bank accounts and passport, changed to your married surname, a different certificate to the one provided on your wedding day is required and is issued by the Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.
See here for application form

Beautiful Ceremony Ideas | Meet your Celebrant | Services and Fees | Testimonials

For a non obligation free consultation call me on 0408888820 or enter your details below.

Full Name: *
Email: *
Phone: *
Proposed date of event:

* Required Fields